Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, December 18, 2006

A family sooner than we expected?

My heart skipped a beat today. Reading bits and pieces from different sources I have realised that I made a mistake in the timeframe between our dossier going to Thailand and the referral of a child.

We assumed, incorrectly it seems, that it was about 2 to 2.5 years ...

It is 1 to 1.5 years and only sometimes 2 to 2.5 years .. gasp ...

WOW! Now all we need to do is get through our Homestudy with the Caseworker and be approved as prospective adoptive parents. There are many factors involved here in deciding our fate, the specifics of which, in our case, only the Dept. of Health and Human Services, Hobart, are fully aware.

I haven't been nervous so far but today I am. We could (all things being equal) be parents within about 18 months or less!!