Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, May 18, 2007

It's now out of our hands.

The process, as we know it, is now out of our hands and in the hands of the officials who will, in their own ways, play their very important part in creating our family.

Today at 3pm, we handed over all of the docs for notarisation and to finally be sent off to Thailand, with short stops at DFAT and the Thai consulate.

So now what do we do?

We wait. And wait. And hope. And have lots of dreams at night about our future child it seems. I have never had so many dreams that I remember when I wake up as I have been having in the last two weeks. The dreams involve children of various ages, some are Asian and some are Caucasian. It seems that my mind is trying to figure out how to put a face to our little babe.

Funny. I don't sit and consciously think about it all day long, or even for a long part of the day at all. Of course, sometimes I drift off into a daydream but then there's usually other things to do that take up my attention, work, housework, friends, family, my book, discussions with Scott, and all of the things that you do in your everyday life.

My subconscious must be working overdrive though.