Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Docs to DHHS.

I'm really tired and have an early start so this will be a short update only.

We're meeting with the gentleman who will Notarise our documentation tomorrow. After that, they'll be bound and sent to DFAT (Dept. Foreign Affairs & Trade) who apparently will return them around 48 business hours later, at most. Then they'll zoom off to the Thai consulate in Melbourne for a 10 business day turnaround.

And finally! I am happy to say that they will then be jetting off to join a pile of adoption dossiers in the "Dept. of Social Development & Welfare", Bangkok, Thailand.

I added the little blue elephant tonight to the top, right hand menu bar over there ---------------------------->
because he's a great expression of the 'happy dance' that I'm feeling at getting to this stage.

Somehow, in my fuddled little mind, I might have expected that someone could find a reason why we weren't suitable adoptive-parents-to-be. That we'd be vetoed for some bizarre reason. I said as much to *J*, our SW, today when we met to check over the docs.

*J* just looked at me, shook her head and reassured me that everything will be ok. That's the value of a great SW. Sees your fears and says just the right thing. Thanks *J* :)